Monday, May 4, 2009

Titanus the carrier zord!

Went and saw the new X-men origins movie about Wolverine. And I dug it. I thought it was pretty sweet and filled with ACTION! in the most appropriate areas. I loved the Sabretooth/Wolverine sibling rivalry in it and thought that it was well pulled off. Sabretooth was a pretty sweet villain in the comics and I think the guy who played him in the movie did a great job. The only argument that I have is:

"What the fuck did they do to Deadpool?!"

Deadpool looks like Baraka from Mortal Kombat with those lame arm swords. And he has those optic blasts from Cyclops which is fucking stupid. He is in no way compatible with with his Marvel Comics counterpart other than his healing factor and the fact that Deadpool is an ugly, deformed motherfucker. I mean, Wade Wilson was pretty cool when he was still just flat out Ryan Reynolds (who of course is hilarious with his dry humor). But what the fuck?! Deadpool looks like something out of a Fox Kids Saturday afternoon special. He looks like a prize you'd get out of the bottom of a goddamn box of fruit loops. Jesus Christ...

I've been privileged enough to receive a digital copy of the new Oceana album, Birth Eater. I'm pretty impressed. Their new singer has a much better singing voice than his predecessor, which was the main thing that had hyped me up for this album. I'd heard him singing songs from The Tide live, but I had no idea what he sounded like all on his own, and he pulls it off. His screaming sounds a lot like the frontman from A Life Once Lost to me, but not entirely. I think he does his own thing. But the songwriting quality has improved as well. They're a lot harder than they previously were and the melodic parts are VERY improved. I like this album and if you like good melodic post hardcore, you should too.

I don't have much to write about. Everything has been going pretty much the same. I'm thinking about looking for a new job and I've already fixed myself up a nice resume to put out. What I really want to do is go back to school though because I feel like I've found my niche in writing and I want to refine that talent and put it to use and perhaps make it into a career. I feel like my heart is into writing enough that I would take down four more years of school, get that credential and be able to do it for the rest of my life. All I need to do is:

a) Take my SATs. Because in high school I somehow missed out on doing that. Don't ask me how it happened, but I skipped so much school that I believe I was underprivileged in my studies. I DID have to do an entire year's worth of English work in about a quarter of a semester which was lame. I love English but too much of a good thing is a bad thing.
b) I need to apply for FAFSA for tuition assistance from the government. Provided my status as a military veteran, I might qualify for more money and tuition assistance. And given my grades in high school (which were good. not STELLAR but good), I could probably qualify for scholarships.
c) I need to apply for the college and get everything situated with on-campus housing. I can't wait to live in a dorm, hopefully not with a complete stranger! Maybe I could pair up with Ben or Drew or something. But I doubt it. Oh well...

But this is what my heart is set on right now. This is what I want to do with my life and I need to research it and put it all on the table and discuss it with my dad. I almost went to Full Sail a long time ago (which I'm glad that I didn't because I don't think I would have been satisfied with the turnout of going to school there). But I'm taking this seriously and getting all of the knowledge I need to make this a possibility so I can start in the fall semester.

I write nothing but garbage lately. I need to step it up and go out and find some sort of inspiration. Something to write about that is worth writing about. A writer is no good when he has nothing to write about, so something has to give.

What the fuck did they do to Deadpool?!

No comments: