Wednesday, May 6, 2009

2007 Sandown 500 (random wikipedia article)

I wrote another blog today about something that I really felt like I needed to address (please see the posting below this one entitled "Fact versus fiction versus yourself."). I'm not going to say much about it so just check it out for yourself. Drinking water and eating salad is good for you, as is a bowl of oatmeal and a tall glass of orange juice. Both of these things have their respective places in my day today and I feel pretty good about it. Now all I need to do is kick this nasty and severely expensive cigarette smoking habit and I'll be all set! I've been drinking warm tea all day because I brought some bags into work with me because I'm trying to cut down on my consumption of sugary carbonated beverages such as Dr. Pepper. Such a cutback will include me bringing in bottles of Vitamin Water to imbibe throughout the day. It's never easy you know: trying to watch and balance out what you eat. But then again neither is incarnating a fan favorite comic book character accurately, which has been proven twice in the forms of both Venom (in Spider-man III) and Deadpool (in X-Men Origins: Wolverine). Years later I'm still fucking baffled by the fact that the same guy who played little Eric Foreman is Eddie Brock. What a waste.

My friend Tyler posted a Pick 5 on Facebook that I HAD to screenprint:


I've never really disclosed my love for zombie movies. I've mentioned it, but it's one of my loves in life that is equivalent to and possibly greater than my love for comic books. There's just something about cannibalistic reanimated corpses. I can't explain it. There are a lot of low-budget independent horror films with zombies as the primary antagonist. Independent films are another one of my loves all in itself, so it's like having the best of both worlds. They're good to watch with a girl when you're just staying in for a movie night filled with munching on popcorn and making out. They're good for when you and your best friends are drunk and you're receiving texts from said girl and your friends are wrestling you to take your phone from you because it's "Guy's Night" (for future reference, please consult Ray Hughes and Nicolas Frye). They're great to watch by yourself when you are pumped up to go out and do something exciting but no one else is sharing your enthusiasm. The number one greatest orgasm for me has been sourced at the comic book series Marvel Zombies, which is an amalgamation of the zombie genre and Marvel superheroes where all of the superpowered human beings in the world are affected by an alien virus that turns them into flesh-eating monsters. They wipe out humanity due to the leverage that they have as superheroes. It's pretty fucking beast. If you want a good read, I suggest you check it out.

I'm going to start writing more columns for my friend's magazine Changing Times. The only thing that has been preventing me from doing so is I never have any idea what to write about. What I'm going to do is when I'm requested to write a column I'm going to ask my readers on here and my friends on Facebook and Myspace what topics I should cover in the next column. After this story is published I'm going to post it on here for everyone to read to help promote Kevin's magazine, which publishes articles from independent writers all over the Midwest on topics from everyday life to music reviews and everything of the sorts. I'll provide contact information on how to aquire a .PDF formatted copy online or a Paypal link to order a copy. But this is something I'm doing to help my friend profit free (for me and most likely for Kevin too because he has to keep the magazine coming out). So definitely check in for that.

If anyone has any topics that I should write about and submit to Kevin, let me know in a comment.

That's about all there is from me for now.

No comments: