Friday, April 24, 2009

Count Basie Live in Japan '78 (Parts I and II)

You can determine the strength of a wizard's magical powers by measuring the length of his beard.

The Stranger by Billy Joel. In my opinion, this is probably one of the greatest albums ever recorded. There are so many hits on this record. So many classics. Since I was very young I had always appreciated Billy Joel as a singer and songwriting. I actually have had this in both cassette and vinyl format (never on compact disc format though but I currently have his full collection of albums on my Zune). I think every single song on this I have loved since childhood. And it's funny when I listen to it because not only does it remind me of that, but it also laves me awestricken at the quality of songwriting.

So it's incredibly nice today for once in Erie, PA. I'm definitely surprised. I didn't think it'd be this warm out for another month or so because it's been so cold and gloomy and rainy. But things are looking up! I no longer want to kill myself because of the weather's affect on my mood.

Work has been a beast today though. I'm barely having any time to write this. There's been so much shit to do today and all at once and it piles on. I've got a break right now to breathe. I haven't even eaten lunch. I'll write more later. BACK TO WORK!

Part II:

So I'm home from work and it's about 9:38 at night. I didn't want to post a new blog since I didn;t write much on this earlier so I'm adding instead. Of course, I'm still listening to Billy Joel right now but I might listen to something new here soon.

Fact: I worked a lot today. I talked to a lot of customers and did some presentations on some cars. I probably looked like an asshole because I didn't have time to shave my face this morning and I'm going on three fucking days but it's all good. I have a good personality and that's what matters I guess. I made six hundred phone calls (seemingly) today. I typed four deals into the database today. Basically I busted my ass today. Which is okay because my job fucking rules. But I'm tired.

I haven't had sex in almost 5 months. I haven't kissed a girl in two. I feel emotionally disconnected from anything. It's a good thing and a bad thing. On one hand I'm completely free and on the other I'm craving attention. What sucks is I have crushes and get crushed on by girls that don't fit my criteria or can't be what I need. Frustrating.

That might be about all I have for the day. Too tired to write anymore.

No comments: