Monday, June 22, 2009

His name was Bishop.

Well, I've been accepted to attend Columbia College Chicago. Somehow I kind of knew that I would be. So I'm not all that surprised. I AM, however, very excited about the fact.Yay!

Not a whole lot has been happening, hence the lack of updating on this thing. I've just been chilling and eating lots of ice cream to keep cool in the summer weather and it hasn't really been as hot as it's going to be. It's not July yet. Hahaha... when it comes around, I'll be upping my ice cream intake by 50%.

I've also been watching a lot of anime series' lately, most notably the Gundam series, all of which I have on my computer. I just finished 100 episodes of Gundam SEED and its sequel series Gundam SEED Destiny. It's pretty fucking amazing and Shinn Asuka, Athrun Zala and most notably Kira Yamato are fucking BEEEEEEEAST in that series. Holy fucking shit...

Now I'm watching Mobile Suit Gundam 00, which is the most recent installment of the Gundam franchise (so recent that it hasn't even come out on DVD and the Second Season hasn't been released in a dubbed version). And I like it a lot. I actually can't wait to finish it and then watch the second season on the Sci-Fi channel when it comes on June 29th. Channel 244 for those who have Direct TV like me and there will be two episodes every Monday until it totals to 25 episodes.

I also plan on watching Mobile Suit Gundam Wing in its entirety as well sometime in the not-so-distant future. :)

Been writing my novel. Incorporating some influence from mechanime. But the entire concept isn't going to be focused on mech-combat like most of the series' that I'm taking that influence from. The take I'm going to have is just to incorporate mecha called Runners in as weapons of war. They're going to be more akin to Armored Cores and Muscle Tracers in that they come in various base-models from weapons manufacturers but are fully integratable and have interchangeable parts that aren't exclusive to the specific manufacturer's models. Weapons can also be independently made and customized an calibrated as well.

I've been putting too much thought into this. I have a very good story to go along with it though and it's very dark. The way that I'm writing it is as if the scenes were an adaptation of a graphic novel and several of my favorite artists are doing it.

I would prefer it was a graphic novel but you can't win them all.

Anyways, I need to do something other than writing in this. Take care. See ya soon!

No comments: