Friday, June 5, 2009

123 BREAK!

Salute!

I haven't written in this in a while. I've posted a poem in my other blog, Photographic Memory Loss. I did that the other day I believe. If none of you know about that other blog then go read it because that's where I post poetry and prose and just artistic writing in general.

Lately I've fallen out of my slump which is good. I realize that when I free myself from all things and push myself forward, then I'm much better off. It's hard to move on from the past and it's hard to not fall back into old habits. I guess it's just sort of a learning experience.

Two movies have really caught my attention lately: No Country For Old Men which is a remarkable sort of western movie about a drug deal gone bad and an assassin that chases a guy with a suitcase full of money to kill him. And There Will Be Blood, a movie about an oil tycoon from the early 1900's. I would advise you all to watch these movies because in my opinion they are incredible.

I downloaded all of the episodes for the Spider-Man The Animated Series cartoon that was on in the mid-nineties. It's funny how dated that cartoon was and I never really realized it at the time. I watch it and I laugh hysterically. Particularly when Peter Parker gets the black suit and he's using it to turn into any type of clothing he wants:

"How about Aerosmith?" *guitar squeals* "No, I'm thinking something more Italian."

I got two letters of recommendation for college: one from my boss and another from my dad's best friend. All I need to do is shove those into a large envelope and put them in the mail. The rest is a waiting game. Because I already did my application, my essay, and my FAFSA. They need to send me a financial aid packet in the mail I guess, but I won't be expecting that until early next week.

I got a letter in the mail from my first real girlfriend ever. I'm glad we stayed in touch. She really is a good person with a heart of gold. I can see why I fell in love with her so long ago. She's a good friend too though. It made me smile to read a letter from her. It reminded me of old times really.

I need to quit smoking.

I also need to lintroll my pants. There's Bear fur all over them from this morning (Bear is my German Shepherd if you didn't know and he's a sweetiepie).

No comments: