Saturday, March 21, 2009

03212009

I'm writing a novel.

And I'm drawing my influences from Japanese mecha films, comic book superheroes and of course my literary gods. What a combination?! I have the ideas down and I know what I want to aim for. I've written several test chapters but I decided to scrap them and go for something with a little bit faster of a pace.

Hence why I need to watch (attentively and intently) Ghost In The Shell, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Kikaider. I also need to read back issues of Vision, Iron Man, etc. I also got a myriad of ideas from watching The Matrix in its entirity and Vanilla Sky regarding the philosopical elements in them concerning the human subconscious and using it as a means of control. Blade Runner. Gattaca.

I'm going to borrow upon the concept that Coheed and Cambria used in their novelizations of the Writer of the story being the God of the world he's created.

No comments: