Monday, April 13, 2009

A eugooglizer? One who speaks at funerals...

I want to take some time out of my busy workday to talk about something remarkable that I researched and witnessed yesterday on my day off: Luchos Libre. A lot of you probably get the idea as to what it is from watching the movie "Nacho Libre" starring Jack Black (it's kind of a ridiculous movie but you win some, you lose some). Luchos Libre is of course, Mexican wrestling. And it's different from American wrestling in that it takes at least a hint of skill to do, and it's not fake a scripted. The way I got into reading this is I somehow came across the Wikipedia page of Rey Mysterio Jr. and then proceeded to watch Youtube videos of him wrestling. Yes, he is an American wrestler. No, that's not how he got started. The only experience I had watching him wrestle was in video games for WCW before WWF became the WWE (which I never followed to begin with. I just thought the video games were fun). Watch this shit:



I'm serious. Even if you're not into wrestling (which quite honestly I've never given a fuck about wrestling) you should watch it. That is some of the most impressive shit I have ever seen in my entire life. And after watching that I looked up some stuff on Luchos Libre, and that's the style that almost everyone in Mexican wrestling uses. It's not about power moves or whatever but about speed and skill.

Aside from that I started playing Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions. Yes, I decided to take a break from Fable II because it's getting too repetitive and I just want to make some money and own the world and get on with my life... I don't even care if I beat it or not. But I needed a break from it and Lost Planet is pretty sweet. I like the gameplay style and most of all I just like running around and shooting shit to complete missions. I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to video games as long as there's a good story behind it. So this works.



Work on my novel is coming along pretty nicely. Slowly, but nicely. I have the general idea for the story down and now all I have to do is write it. It's a shame that I don't know any artists who would be willing to make this a graphic novel instead of just a literary novel. Maybe after it's done and someone can read it and take hold of it I can turn it into a graphic novel as a "reinterpretation." That way the readers can get more of an idea as to what the real idea is by being able to see it rather than interpret it for themselves. I think it'd come across as more beautiful... like the way people always imagine their favorite book being a movie and having it be EXACTLY what it was mean to be. If I did do it as a graphic novel it'd be a VERY long one or it'd have to be a series. And then there's a prequel and a sequel to it that I have planned explaining things that place the novel where it is and what happens after the novel (or series of novels) is done (you read it here first!). It should be interesting. I have so many ideas! But not enough time to write them.

Kevin Mason needs to chill the fuck out, go eat a Big Mac and smoke a nice cigarette when he's finished.

I'll write more when I have a bit more time. Take care everyone! :)

No comments: